Monday, April 03, 2006

This is the END.

Of my Waco race.

The end of the last lap and I was toast the race was fun but brutal. More than a 3rd of the Pro's DNF'd it I took my 8th place finish.

My start was great and accomplished what I set out to do. Check out the start pic! I pulled to the front of the pack to enter the single track in the lead. The trail headed down the switch backs and then straight back up another set. Then up another set. I made it to river road and still had the lead, but I was tired already. I managed to hold the lead for maybe a half mile more but it was all climbs and I new the guys following were waiting for a good opportunity to pass. So I gave them some room and 4 of them slid by and they were off. I didn't stay on the back for long and they disappeared into the woods. I new that today was going to be a long day, only a few minutes into the race and I was already contemplating a plan to just finish the race.

I burped some air and this had me sketchy for a little while wondering if I had a leak or was I going to have to run another race to the end.

After the race Alyssa told me I was not looking so well, not the usual smile at the bottle feed.

What a race though some good memories thats for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Been there before. Site Feed